Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: My mother died, how do I get her death benefits?

  1. #1

    My mother died, how do I get her death benefits?

    My mother died in Feb of 2005 and I need to know how I go about getting my death benefits

  2. #2
    Not everyone qualifies for survivor benefits. The SSA website providses the following information:

    Who is eligible for survivors benefits

    Social Security survivors benefits can be paid to:

    •A widow or widower -- full benefits at full retirement age, or reduced benefits as early as age 60
    •A disabled widow or widower -- as early as age 50
    •A widow or widower at any age if he or she takes care of the deceased's child who is under age 16 or disabled, and receiving Social Security benefits
    •Unmarried children under 18, or up to age 19 if they are attending high school full time. Under certain circumstances, benefits can be paid to stepchildren, grandchildren, or adopted children.
    •Children at any age who were disabled before age 22 and remain disabled.
    •Dependent parents age 62 or older

    Call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 if you need more information. If you would like an attorney to review your claim you can fill out the FREE evaluation form and a disability advocate will call you to review your claim or you can call our office at 1-800-641-3759 to talk to someone now.
    Find a Disability Attorney to help with your SSDI claim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts